- Picture identification is required. This identification must show the visitor's date of birth.
- Inmates will be permitted one 30 minute visit per week. Each visit will consist of no more than 4 visitors per inmate and visitors should arrive 15 minutes prior to the scheduled visit time.
- Certified checks, money orders (made out to the Miami County Sheriff's Office in care of the inmate's name) or cash will be accepted during scheduled visitation hours or by mail. Anyone wishing to leave money during visitation should do so prior to your visit.
- No personal checks or payroll checks will be accepted or deposited in the inmate's account.
- Visitation hours (including holidays) are:
- Sunday through Thursday 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- All visits must be scheduled at least one day in advance.
- To schedule a visit at the Miami County Jail (downtown) call (937) 440-3971.
- To schedule a visit at the Miami County Incarceration Facility call (937) 440-3490.
- Children under the age of 11 will only be permitted to visit inmates between the hours of 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Sunday through Thursday as long as a parent is present. A birth certificate must be produced by the parent identifying the child.
- Please note that any visitor found violating the rules will lose visitation rights.
- No personal property will be accepted. All inmates are permitted to purchase personal hygiene items, underwear, bras, envelopes, stamps, writing paper, pens, etc. from the commissary once a week.
- All visitors are subject to search.
- The Miami County Sheriff’s office has collect telephones in each housing area in the detention facilities. Many questions have arisen about what to do when a problem is encountered.
The inmate phone system is provided and maintained by Securus and the billing service is handled by Correctional Billing Service. They may be contacted 24 hours a day 7 days a week by any of these means:
An account must be set up to receive collect calls from an inmate.
There will no no exceptions to the above listed rules.
NOTE: The jails are located at and inmate mail can be sent to:
Miami County Jail
ATTN: (Inmate's Name)
201 W. Main St.
Troy, Ohio 45373
Miami County Incarceration Facility
ATTN: (Inmates Name)
2042 N. CR 25a
Troy, Ohio 45373